Must type 1 page per question. In 12 pt font. Must have knowledge of Criminal Justice!
1. Choose a current crime policy and discuss whether or not the policy makes sense. Is the policy nonsensical? How so? What might be a better policy? Why? What is the best option to implement it? What consequences might come from the policy – intended or unintended?
2. Identify a celebrated case and note the potential policy revisions or new policies suggested or endorsed by those in office or the courtroom working group based on the case.
3. Identify an exonerated case and determine the cause(s) of why it was exonerated and then discuss remedies. What additional measures can take place to increase the reliability of eyewitness testimony? What should happen to police who plant evidence or prosecutors who withhold evidence? How can the system increase the reliability of scientific evidence?
4. What factors may influence both true/false positives and false negatives? (e.g. social, psychological, and biological backgrounds, education, etc)
5. Given the limited impact of the exclusionary rule on crime fighting and Miranda on conviction rates, what purposes do they serve?
6. Discuss the deterrent effect of the death penalty. Does it work?
7. (a) If selective incapacitation and gross incapacitation do not reduce serious crimes, what actions can be taken to decrease such crimes? Is it necessarily CJ factors and answers that can help? Are there other social institutions that can impact the crime rate? How so?
(b) Discuss the use of prisons/jails as confinement facilities for those who have mental health issues. Where do you believe those persons should carry out their criminal sentence? Why?
Let’s block ads! (Why?)