POPULATION-BASED NURSINGA Risk Reduction Seminar
• Differentiate between prevention and promotion• Describe the challenges of prevention in population-based nursing• Describe the challenges of promotion in population-based nursing
In this assignment, you will develop an educational activity that targets reduction of a specific health risk.
1. A two-page educational activity plan
a. Type 2 diabetes mellitus is the selected health risk teaching topic.
b. Research the ways to reduce type 2 diabetes mellitus risk.
Using nursing texts, medical resources, nursing journals, and reputable Internet sources, create a list of lifestyle habits and changes that reduce this health risk and promote health.
c. Develop an educational activity focused on reducing this health risk.
Using the nursing process as a guide, develop an educational activity focused on strategies to reduce a specific health risk. Be sure to discuss challenges uniquely associated with promoting health and preventing disease related to type 2 diabetes mellitus risk. While all steps of the nursing process must be addressed, the primary focus of this assignment is the ”planning” step. Support your plan with resources/citations.
d. Describe the plan.
Create a document that describes the plan for the educational activity as follows:
• Assessmento Health risk- type 2 diabetes mellitus
• Diagnosiso Knowledge deficit related to type 2 diabetes mellitus
• Planningo Title of educational program (based on your assessment and diagnosis)o Target audience: (for example, patients/families or nurses)o Learning outcomes (the goals of the educational program)o Teaching strategies (for example, discussion, lecture, video clips, Q & A)o The educational activity (a plan)
• Implementationo The educational activity (propose when/where /how long, but do not carry out the activity).
• Evaluationo How you will assess the extent to which the learning outcomes were met
• Resourceso A list of resources/citations that substantiate the health risk and support your educational activity plan
Please refer to the rubric below for the grading criteria for this assignment.
Points Awarded x Multiplier=Total PointsCRITERIA Excellent (4) Weighting Points Awarded(0-4) Multiplier Total Points
content*Clear language*Information is accurate and thorough*Sufficient and accurate supporting information* Main idea is clearly stated
Order Now For this paper or similar assignments, Trust us today & live to tell a success tale of best grades & plagiarsim free work!!
Let’s block ads! (Why?)