Assessment details :
1. Individual Assignment: Poster Presentation of a Research Topic (30%)
Recommended length 500-800 words on the Poster
This assignment is focused on the presentation of a research problem statement/initial topic proposal which might be used for Assessment 2 in this unit. Students should be able to demonstrate how they have arnved at this research problem statement via a short review of an appropriate body of literature.
Marking guidelines for the research problem statement include
• Clear and explicit statement of the research problem who contributes to academic understanding or practical issues
• Clear and succinct summation of the key literature selected for review that identifies gaps. inconsistencies or other problems with the existing state of knowledge on the research topic. which will lead to a logical derivation of the research problem.
• Clear and explicit statement of the significance of the proposed research. both academically and practically to the business context
• Scholarly citation and referencing (APA or Chicago).
The topic choice will likely occur in the first and second sessions so that students can start on their assessment tasks early.
Presenting research information for a diverse audience is an important way to communicate knowledge. One common way to present information at conferences is to present a poster. The aim of this assessment is to communicate the research problem statement to an audience of peers and academics via a poster presentation. Check LMS for examples of poster presentation templates.
Please use programs such as PowerPoint to prepare a poster. The poster should be around 500-800 words in length. You will have three minutes to present the work in a video. and upload the digital copy of the poster (the poster can be in PowerPoint or PDF format) and the video presentation onto LMS (check LMS for instructions).
The presentation should use language that is appropriate for a non-specialist audience and introduce the topic and its significance both academically and practically to the business context. Please see the marking guide below which outlines the content the poster/presentation should address.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)